The STEM academic community is being impacted by rapid changes:
- Big data revolution
- Analytics of industry-based data sets
- Move from programming in engineering to data science
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Living Campus as a laboratory for learning
OSIsoft recognizes these changes and can help you make this transition to advance student engagement.
The OSIsoft Academic Program has three segments:
- Production Use – Schools use our software to gain benefits in utilities and facilities operations, allowing teams to create a Smart Campus. The campus then becomes a Living Lab for students and researchers. The PI System enables open data access without exposing operational systems.
- Education Use – Students use the PI System in classroom settings to gain experience with our world class, industry standard toolset. This prepares students for the next phase of their careers.
- Innovation Use – Researchers use the PI System to accelerate their work. The PI System enables connected innovation, making research more valuable to corporate partners.