OSIsoft is pleased to announce the release of PI Web API 2018 SP1. This is a standalone installation kit available at my.osisoft.com, and is grouped together with PI Server downloads. The PI Web API is a suite of REST services that provide access to PI System data. The product is a member of the Developer Technologies suite of products and is targeted at providing cross-platform, multi-user programmatic access. Some highlights of this release are:
- Read for child NotificationContactTemplates
- Read for NotificationPlugIn
- Read, create, update, and delete for SecurityEntries on NotificationRules, NotificationRuleTemplates and NotificationContactTemplates
- Create, update and delete for NotificationRules, NotificationRulesTemplates, NotificationContactTemplates and NotificationRuleSubscribers
- GetByPath endpoints for NotificationContactTemplates, NotificationRules, and NotificationRuleTemplates
- Search endpoint for NotificationContactTemplates
- Stream Sets GetJoined Endpoint
- Returns a set of recorded values (x-axis) with another set of data for any number of streams (Y, Y', Y''... axis) that are interpolated based on the points returned for the x-axis
- Stream Updates (CTP)
- Client code will be notified of changes in AF metadata through an Exception item in the response payload.
- The selectedFields parameter is now honored in both registration and poll for updates.
- Responses now include PreviousEventAction information with each data value.
- Error messages are returned for markers that are no longer valid with every poll using that marker. Previously, the error message would be returned only once.
- Expose 'Paths' and 'DataReference' properties on objects of attribute
- Expose 'Paths' property on objects of element
- The version of Web ID returned by PI Web API can be configured
- PI Web API instances that run 2018 SP1 can now work together with older versions behind a load balancer since they can be configured to return the same version of Web ID
To download, visit the OSIsoft Customer Portal. Installation kits are grouped with PI Server downloads.