I'm pleased to announce that the next generation Buffer Subsystem is now available via the following setup kits:
- AF Client 2014 R2, version 2..6.1.6238
- PI SDK 2014, version 184.108.40.2064
- PIbufss now supports buffering to multiple servers and collectives. This is an important feature for clients that rely on PIBufSS to distribute data across a collective. Previously you had to choose one PI collective to buffer to, now you don't have to choose.
- PIbufss now sends data 2-3 times faster than previous versions (assuming the necessary additional bandwidth is available.) This not only means higher sustained data rates, but it also means that after a network outage any data queued up will be unloaded faster, resulting in users getting live updates that much sooner.
- New auto-tuning feature attempts to maximize throughput by finding the optimal number of events to send per message
- PIbufss is now more robust when recovering from an uncontrolled shutdown. When running prior versions it was not uncommon after a power outage for pibufss to stop sending data to the server due to a queue file getting corrupt. This would require manual intervention to dismount and rename/repair the queue. PIbufss 4.3 is built on newer queue technology that can recover from these situations.
- Improvements for monitoring the health of PIBufSS
- A single health status that provides indication of the health of PIBufSS
- A queue capacity counter indicates in the event of a network outage how long pibufss can buffer before you start losing data.
- A new three tired health diagnostics capability with drilled down capabilities using performance counters
- New command line options and enhancements
- New Buffering Manager, which includes:
- An Upgrade wizard to help migrate from BufServ to PIBufSS
- An Add Server wizard to help users through the process of configuring buffering to a new server.
- A Dashboard for configuring and monitoring buffering.Integrated
- Buffering Manager integration with the PISDKUtility, PI System Explorer and the PI Interface Configuration Utility (version 220.127.116.11 - recently released)