To complete this course and receive a certificate of participation, you must complete a final project on or before the deadline specified at the beginning of your course by the course facilitator. This is generally the Friday of the third week of the course. The project deadline for the course is in your registration email. Additionally, if you have any questions about this, please contact your facilitator or ask on the discussion forums.
You must work out, with the facilitator, a final project that meets the following criteria:
- The project must use your data to create something that has value to your enterprise (if you can not use your company data due to privacy concerns, exceptions can only be granted by the Learning group through the facilitator).
- The project must be of sufficient difficulty that it provides a challenge.
What constitutes a challenge will be determined by you and the facilitator. However a typical project includes the use of:
- Multiple types of PI DataLink functions (Current Value, Archive Value, Compressed Data, Sampled Data, Timed Data, Calculated Data, and/or Time Filtered)
- Reusability features like separated root paths and data items in a drop-down list
- All functions using cell references instead of hard coding input parameters
- Properties lookup for categories descriptions, UOM, etc.
- Additional Excel functionality such as conditional formatting, charts, sparklines, etc.
To submit your project, please write a document (MS Word, PowerPoint, or other) explaining the report you’ve created, the functions contained within it, and several screenshots of the spreadsheet itself. If you’d like, you may also send the document itself to the course facilitator in addition to your write-up. Please submit the project via e-mail directly to your course facilitator.
Please remember that no extensions will be given for the final project. Additionally, no credit would be given for partially completed work, and no refunds would be given for failed projects.
Note About Customer Data
Absolutely NO customer data will be shared outside of the Student / Facilitator relationship. The facilitator will NEVER ask a student to share proprietary information with the class. Anything shared with the facilitator as proof of work will be destroyed at the end of the course.
If however, you work on a generic project and wish to share it with other users on the community, OSIsoft can help facilitate that. This will be completely at your discretion and OSIsoft would take no legal responsibility.