If you are getting too many emails or not enough emails, editing your preferences allows you to choose what content you receive email notifications about and how you view that content.
To view or change your preferences:
- Click on the drop down next to your name or avatar in the upper right corner.
- Select Preferences from the menu.
- Decide which streams you wish to get email notifications about when new activity happens in them. By default, all three Inbox stream options should be turned on. As you create custom streams, they will be added to this list.CAUTION:When you turn ON email notifications for a stream or your Inbox, you will get an email every time that stream or Inbox is updated. This can get overwhelming quickly so we recommend setting email notifications to OFF whenever possible except for your Inbox.
Note: It's especially important to select On for the "Inbox (@mentions...)" line item or you might miss direct interactions unless you are checking PI Square every day.
Use the following settings to understand when you'll receive an email notification.
Setting When Email Notifications are ON you will: Inbox (things you've followed in your Inbox) Receive a separate email each time someone posts an update to an item you've selected to follow in your Inbox. Inbox (@mentions, messages, and shares) Receive an email each time someone @ mentions you, shares content with you, or sends you a message in the community. Inbox (tasks, connections, and skills endorsements) Receive an email each time you have a new task, a new connection, or a new skills endorsement. Moderation Receive an email when you have content to moderate (if you're a content moderator). Connections Stream Receive an email each time a followed person, place, or item posts an update in this stream. Your Custom Streams Receive an email each time new activity is posted in your custom stream(s). Community Digest Receive a community digest email every day, once or twice a week, or never. Include body of content in email You can select whether or not you'd like your email notifications to include the full text of the community item you're being notified about.
- Turn on or off the Getting Started functionality. If you have already completed it then you can turn it off.
- Choose how you want responses and comments to appear.
- Options in the Language, Locale, and Time Zone drop down menus are likely preset for your community. Choose a different option from the drop down menus to change those preferences. By default your computer will determine your language and will display as a series of dashes.
- If you assign tags to your content frequently, click the Quick Tagging Mode check box to keep the Add/Update Tags field open by default.
- Click the Save button to return to your profile page.