When you find other users in your PI Square community that you wish to connect to you can “follow” that user’s updates and activity. The act of following a user makes them one of your connections.
When you follow a user, you then choose what connection stream to follow them (Visit Creating a Custom Connection Stream for more information.). You can follow a user in a single stream, multiple streams, or just via your inbox. (Visit Working with Your Inbox for more information about your inbox.)
You can follow a user in a variety of different ways.
- Click Browse > People and Sort or Filter the people list for someone you want to connect with – someone whose experience, expertise, or activity is relevant and interesting to you. You can choose to view people in a list or in a card view by selecting an option on the right side of the sort field.
- Navigate to the user’s profile and click the Follow button on the bottom right corner of the header section of the profile. Choose the stream(s) to follow them in.
- Hover over the user’s name or avatar and when the avatar popup appears click the Follow button. Choose the stream(s) to follow them in.
- Navigate to the People browse screen from the top navigation bar and filter the people by different profile information.
- If the browse interface is in the thumbnail images view, hover over the user’s portrait and click the gear wheel in the bottom right corner that appears. Click the Follow button. Choose the stream(s) to follow them in.
- If the browse interface is in detail list view, click the Follow button to the far right of the user. Choose the stream(s) to follow them in.
To view your connections, navigate to your profile and choose the More drop down below the header section of your profile and choose Connections. You can also navigate to the People browse screen and select Following.