Status updates let you share what’s going on right now with others in your PI Square community. You can add links, pictures, or @mention a person, a place, or a piece of content to increase the visibility of your update.
Status updates can be created as a community wide status or in a select group.
To create a status update:
- Click Create > Status Update.(Create is the pencil next to your avatar on the right side of the screen.)
- Enter your update and include any photos or @mentions you’d like.
- Include tags if you’d like your status update to be searchable later. Entering # before a word in your status update turns that word into a tag. This tagging requirement is unique to status updates.
- Choose where to post your status update. The default will be in the community but can be changed to a specific place.
- Click the Post button to post your update.
- If you posted the status update in the community it will appear in the Activity Stream. If you specified to post in a specific place it will appear in that place’s activity stream.
To delete a status update:
- In the Activity stream, Click on the status timestamp of your status update to open the status update. https://geonet.esri.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/102-1077-6-7737/pastedImage_6.png
- From the right-hand side under Actions, click Delete.
- On the Delete Update dialog, click Delete Update to confirm the deletion.