Discussions allow you to ask a question to find a specific solution or start a conversation to get feedback or make decisions. Members of your PI Square community can contribute by posting replies.
To start a discussion:
- Click Create (The pen on the right) > Discussion, or if you are already in a group, space, or project, click Create a Discussion from the Actions menu on the right.
- Enter a title for your discussion in the field at the top.
- Check the option for marking the discussion as a question if you’re looking for a specific answer, otherwise leave it unchecked for threads. Your administrator may have opted to have all discussions default to questions unless unchecked.
- Write your discussion in the content field. You can format your text however you’d like, insert videos, images, hyperlinks, emoticons, or tables.
- Spell check your discussion or view your content in the HTML editor by clicking the icons in the upper right corner of the content field.
- Optionally, attach files to your discussion for supporting information by clicking the Attach icon in the bottom right of the editor.
- Choose where the discussion will be posted. If this option is already populated you can change it if needed. All content can be posted in a place, to specific people or as a public piece of content in the general community.
- Add relevant tags to the Tags field so your discussion is easily searchable.
- Click the Post button to post your discussion.