Prepare your assets
Objective: Create new PI points and set up a new PI AF database
Please follow the steps below:
1. Create new PI points on your PI server using the spreadsheet below and PI tag configurator add-in.
2. Check if all the new PI points have received new values, which means that none of them should have "Pt Created" as their snapshot. It may take several minutes until all the tags receive their first snapshot values. The tag data for this exercise is generated by OSI Random Simulator Interface (pointsource = R).
3. Create a new PI AF database.
4. Create a new element template named "City template" that contains the following 6 attribute templates. Please set the default unit of measure (UOM) according to the table below:
Meter per second (m/s)
5. Create 5 elements from the city template named: Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, and Washington.
6. Check if all the 30 attributes are linked to PI points properly.
If you can't find the unit in the UOM database, you will have to create a new one.