During the Hackathon and TechCon hands on sessions you will be connecting with your laptop to our Virtual Learning Environment. However, before you can connect you must conduct a connection test by following the steps below. The test should be conducted with the laptop you are bringing to the event and from a location outside your office, such as from your home. If you do not complete the connection test, we cannot guarantee that you will be able to connect and participate in the Hackathons or hands on sessions at the conference. As an additional bonus, if you complete the test, you will have access to the hands on labs for a period of one month after the conference.
- Go to http://learning.osisoft.com/courses.aspx?Searchby=virtual.
- Click on Sign in on the upper right corner of the page.
- Sign in with your OSIsoft SSO account. If you do not have an SSO account, click on Register and create one, all you need is a company email. Registration is free and it only takes a couple of minutes.
- Go back to the course schedule and find the “Virtual Learning Environment Connection Test” course, should be the first one on the list.
- Click on the green plus sign to add the course to the shopping cart, there will be no charge.
- Click on the shopping cart, which should show one item.
- Click on Proceed to Checkout.
- Check the “Populate my information as I plan to attend” box, this should fill in your personal information.
- Click “Next” three times until you get to the payment page, filling in the required information (denoted by an *) as needed.
- Check the “I agree to the following” box and click on Register.
- Now go to http://learning.osisoft.com/Virtual_Learning_Lab_Detail.aspx.
- Ensure you are still signed in, you should see a blue Launch Lab button next to connection test.
- Click Launch. An environment called PIDC should appear at the top of the page, click connect.
- This will download a Remote Desktop Protocol file, you can save it and open it.
- Connect with the following username: pischool\student01, and the following password: student.
- Once you see the desktop your connection test is complete, you can now close the window.
Thank you for helping us prepare a great experience for you. Should you face any issues or have other questions about this test please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.