Exercise 1 - Now that you have viewed the videos on querying data using PI System Management Tools, what uses of the Current Values and Archive Editor tool of SMT can you come up with, from a PI System administrator's perspective?
- Search PI points
- Check current values
- Check historical values
- Define a stale and bad point
Task 1: Look up current and historical values
- In the Configuring a Simple PI System - Cloud Environment, search for the PI Point that contains "DEP" in the name. Alternately, you can search for the PI Point(s) that contain certain characters in their names in your own PI Data Archive.
- Then, determine its current value, as well as the first 5 archived values that occurred starting 1 hour ago.
Task 2: Troubleshoot Stale and Bad PI Points
- Run PI STM and navigate to Data> Stale and Bad Points.
- Click on the "Search" button to find Stale points (from 4 hours to 365 days) and all tags with a System digital state
- How might you approach addressing these points? What questions should you ask? (Hint: KB1298 - Troubleshooting bad quality data , KB00384 - Monitoring Data Freshness or "Stale" tags )
- Share your approach and questions on the discussion forums