Exercise 1 - Once you have viewed the video on creating a simple PI ACE Calculation, please connect to your development environment and identify the PI Data Archive against which you would like to get the data for the input and output tags. Then do the following:
- Identify a simple business logic that needs to be implemented involving to write up a simple PI ACE calculation against your PI Tags.
- Identify a few input and output PI Tags for the selected calculation logic and add them as Input / Output variables using your PI ACE Wizard.
- Implement the business logic identified in Step 1 in the ACECalculations Subroutine. Use intellisense property to identify the properties and methods supported by the PIACEPoint variable.
- Debug, Test and register the calculation to schedule the calculation to run on a periodic basis or naturally triggered. Verify that the PI ACE Calculation is in the started state using PI ACE Manager.
- From PI SMT Archive Editor, verify whether the ACE output tag (s) are updating as expected to the calculation logic. Additionally, build a trend to display the input and output tags using PI ProcessBook.