This document contains a loose collection of various examples that can prove useful to manipulate PI ProcessBook displays and objects. Some of these examples were previously provided as standalone elements and were re-written and grouped for clarity purposes.
A brief overview of the content:
- "One-Click Value Trend" VBA Script
The "One-Click Value Trend" VBA script places a displayed value into a PI ProcessBook trend when it is selected.
- "One-Click Value Ad Hoc Trend" VBA Script
This VBA script automates the "Ad Hoc trending" functionality of the PI ProcessBook. When youu click any value in the display, an ad hoc trend appears.
- Creating XYPlots Programmatically
- "SetViewPort" VBA code snippet
PI ProcessBook displays can be huge and the amount of information can be overwhelming. With the help of VBA we can zoom the view to a certain area to catch the eye of the observer.
- "Modified" property
This is an example of using the PI ProcessBook Display property called Modified.
- Pass the Context from Parent to Child (Module Relative Display)
- Pass the Context from Parent to Child (Element Relative Display)
- Replace Macros in bulk
This script replaces existing macros across all display entries of a PI ProcessBook Workbook (PIW) file