PI Interface for Modbus Ethernet PLC 220.127.116.11
With this release, the PI Interface for Modbus Ethernet PLC is now available in two different options: a new read-only option and an update to the already-existing read-write option.
The read-only option is strongly recommended for installation if updates to the data source are not needed (that is, it does not allow output points). The read-only option provides the best defense against accidental or malicious changes to the control system because it cannot write to the data source.
The read-write option retains the ability to write data to the data source (using output points) and is an update to previous installations of this interface.
For more information on these two interface options and how to switch from the read-write option to the read-only option, please see the Read-only versus Read-write Interfaces FAQ document.
- Improved performance
- Fragmented and bunched responses
- Word and byte swapping .
- POINDexter - a utility that helps users configure PI points for the interface is now included as part of this installation.
- Security updates - UniInt leverages the latest Microsoft software security defenses provided by the compiler and operating system.
- Least privileged account support Interface services are now allowed to run under an account with the least privileges required, and limit the rights of the account to access resources.
- Improved performance on disconnected startup point caching.
Components and Supported Operating Systems
- Supported on Windows (Vista SP2, 7 SP1, 8, Server 2008 SP2, Server 2008 R2 SP1 and Server 2012)
- PI Interface for Modbus Ethernet PLC Control 18.104.22.168
- PI SDK 2014 R2 (22.214.171.1246)
- PI API 126.96.36.199
- PI Buffer Subsystem 188.8.131.52
You can access all the interface specific information on the PI Interface for Modbus Ethernet PLC details page.
- Please see the Read-only versus Read-write Interfaces FAQ online document and the printable document for the latest information regarding read-only PI Interfaces.
- Please see the user guide for more detailed information and the release notes for the complete list of enhancements and quality improvements included with this release.
Self-extracting EXE (Contains Interface, ICU Control, release notes and user guide, plus PI SDK 2014 R2 (184.108.40.2066) and PI API 220.127.116.11)