Basic knowledge of the Asset Framework, Asset Analytics and PI Client Tools (PI Vision and PI DataLink). If you are not familiar with these topics, we encourage you to take these courses before:
- Building Asset Hierarchies with PI AF
- Configuring Analytics with PI AF
- Creating Basic Reports with PI DataLink
We highly recommend each learner to use their own software and their own data structures throughout the exercises and to complete the final project. This allows the learner to leave the course with something immediately valuable in their enterprise.This course will NOT cover installation of the AF Server or PI client tools, so students who want to work with their enterprises' data need to ensure they have the followings before registering for the course:
- Access to an Asset Framework (AF) Server with the PI Analysis Service and Notifications
- Access to an AF database with read/write permissions (that is, permissions to create elements, attributes, analyse, notifications etc.)
- Installation of PI System Explorer (PSE) with Asset Analytics Plug-in
- Access to visualization tools such as PI Vision and PI DataLink are highly encouraged
- Read access to PI Point data on their organization's PI Data Archive
- [Optional] Permissions to create PI Points and write data to them
Don't have access to your own PI System?
This online course can be purchased together with the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), an isolated environment, designed to enhance your learning experience. You will receive access for 21 days since the purchase.