- Create a PI Vision dashboard using dynamic symbols.
- Add Multi-State behavior to symbols
- Reuse the PI Vision dashboard for multiple Assets
You would like to view details of each tank in your Production Area. With your large knowledge in PI Vision, you know that we don’t need to create a new display for each Tank. We can easily use the Asset Swap functionality so that we only need to build one display and then re-use it for each tank. If you are using your own data, do this exercise with your asset.
Step 1: Build a PI Vision display including the following symbols:
Vertical Gauge (Multi-State)
Radial Gauge (Multi-State)
- What is the Maximum External Temperature for Mixing Tank1 over the last 12 hours? _____________
- What is the Minimum Internal Temperature for Mixing Tank1 over the last 12 hours? _____________
(Hint: Tables in PI Vision allow you to add columns for showing the maximum and minimum values).
Step 2: Add shapes and images to the display
Step 3: Reuse the same display to monitor the other tanks
- What is the Maximum External Temperature for Mixing Tank2 over the last 12 hours? _____________
- What is the Minimum Internal Temperature for Storage Tank2 over the last 12 hours? _____________
Step 4: Save the display as <Initials>_Tank Details
Bonus: Create navigation links from the previous exercise (Dashboard with Collections) to this display. Ensure each collection member and each row of the table navigates to this display with the proper context. We will cover navigation in more detail after this exercise.
An example solution is below. This is only an example, there are many possible solutions!
Have questions? Head to the forums to discuss with the PI Square community