- Basic knowledge of the following: domains and workgroups, your own architectural constraints and structure
- This course will not cover basic networking knowledge, thus the student should be familiar with the following:
- Basic Windows and Network security (why you log in, what is a domain, etc.)
- Familiarity with your Enterprise's network structure and IT constraints (various domains, firewalls, etc.)
Note: Learners are can use their own test PI System environment to complete the majority of the course. However, we do not recommend practising administrative tasks in a production environment. The software requirements for completing the exercises and the final project are as follows:
- Access to Active Directory
- Access to the following Install Kits: PI Data Archive (v2016, 3.4.400.1162+), PI Interface Configuration Utility & PI Interface for OPC DA (v.18.104.22.168+)
- Two PI Data Archive Machines
- Two PI Interface Machines
Don't have access to your own test PI System?
This online course can be purchased together with Implementing PI System High Availability - Cloud Environment, an isolated environment, designed to enhance your learning experience. You will receive access for 21 days since launching the environment.