- A basic knowledge of Windows Active Directory users and groups.
- PI System Basics: typical PI System components and architectures, understanding PI Points, searching PI points
Students without prior knowledge of the PI System should review Chapter 1: PI System Basics of the PI System Administration for IT Professionals workbook.
Note: Learners can use their own development/test PI System to complete the course. We do not recommend practising security in a production environment. The software requirements for completing the exercises and the final project are as follows:
- Access to AD users/groups
- PI Data Archive 3.4.380 or later.
- PI AF Server 2016 or later.
- An interface using PI API and PI Buffer Subsystem 2016 or later.
Don't have access to a PI System sandbox?
This online course can be purchased together with the Cloud Environment, an isolated and safe PI system sandbox, designed to enhance your learning experience. You will have access to the Cloud Environment for 21 days since the initial launch.