- Basic directory navigation and management (Windows Explorer, creating and finding files)
- Basic Windows and Network security (why you log in, what is a domain, etc.)
- Some familiarity with real-time data sources (control systems, PLCs, OPC)
Note: The specific cloud environment developed by the course author can be purchased to practice your skills. However, learners can also use their own development/test PI System to complete the course. The software requirements for completing the exercises and the final project are as follows:
- Access to Active Directory
- PI Data Archive (3.4.380 or later) with PI System Management Tool (PI SMT)
- PI AF Server 2016 or later with PI System Explorer
- An interface using PI API and PI Buffer Subsystem 2016 or later
- Permissions to create and update PI Points
- Optional: PI Builder
Don't have access to your own PI System?
This online course has a learning cloud environment, designed to enhance your learning experience. You will receive access for 21 days since you launch the machine.