- Basic knowledge of the PI System (AF hierarchies, elements, attributes, templates, PI points, etc), and your own data and AF hierarchies.
- For assistance in this topic, we recommend covering the first two sections of the PI Vision online course
- Basic knowledge of SQL query writing
Note: Learners are can use their own test PI System environment to complete the majority of the course. However, we do not recommend practising administrative tasks in a production environment. This course contains optional tracks. The software requirements for completing the exercises and the final project are as follows.
All students must complete the videos and exercises pertaining to PI SQL Client/RTQP. The additional optional exercises and videos are tagged with the query engine or endpoint that they pertain to. If these do not apply to your scenario, feel free to skip these sections.
- OLEDB Provider - These sections are for those still using PI OLEDB Provider for the query engine, as opposed to the new RTQP Engine
- OLEDB Enterprise - These sections are for those still using PI OLEDB Enterprise for the query engine, as opposed to the new RTQP Engine
- ODBC - These sections are primarily for those using applications that require an ODBC connection to data sources
- JDBC - These sections are primarily for those using Java and JDBC in their projects
To successfully complete the course, the PI SQL Client/RTQP sections must be covered. Therefore, all students will need the following at a minimum:
- Access to the following Install Kits: PI SQL Client 2018 (4.0.18208.1)
- PI Data Archive
- AF Server 2018 or later and have the PI SQL Data Access Server (RTQP Engine) installed
- For ODBC or JDBC use cases
- PI SQL Client 2018 R2 (4.1.18355.1)
- PI OLEDB Enterprise is currently required for the generation of sample NuGreen event frames
- These event frames are used in the course for sample queries, but if you have your own event frames to query then PI OLEDB Enterprise is not required
Optionally, students may choose to perform either of the PI OLEDB Provider or PI OLEDB Enterprise exercises. For these, students will need the following:
- Access to the following Install Kits: PI OLEDB Enterprise 2017 R2A (188.8.131.52)
- For ODBC use cases:
- PI ODBC Driver 2016 R2 (3.2.16300.1), PI SQL Data Access Server (OLEDB) 2018 (1.6.18206.1)
- For JDBC use cases:
- PI JDBC Driver 2018 (1.6.18206.1), PI SQL Data Access Server (OLEDB) 2018 (1.6.18206.1), Java Runtime Environment 8 or later
Don't have access to your own test PI System?
If you don't have access to the software listed above, you can purchase the Exposing PI Data with the PI SQL Framework - Cloud Environment. This an isolated virtual environment, designed to enhance your learning experience with this course. You will receive access for 21 days since the first launch.