Objective: The goal of this exercise is to demonstrate understanding of how to work with the IPISQL command line utility.
Notes about the example environment:
- The PI SQL DAS (RTQP) service is installed on the AF Server named AFSRV01
- The AF Server AFSRV01 has the NuGreen database imported
- The user account being passed to the PI SQL DAS (RTQP) service is student01
- Note: this is a domain account that has a mapping on the AF Server and PI Data Archive
Notes about your environment:
- Perform this exercise on a client machine with the PI SQL Client (JDBC) installed
- Replace the names of the AF Server, AF Database, and domain user as necessary to get the connections to work
- If you do not have the Nugreen database but would like to use it for this example, you can find it here
Given the following inputs and outputs from the example environment, use Read: How to Customize IPISQL for PI SQL Client (JDBC) to answer the following questions:
- What was the full JDBC url being used in this case?
- What was the query being executed in this case?
- What would the query become if we wanted to output the names of the first ten elements based on the 'Boiler' template?
- Implement the change in question 3 and recompile the IPISQL utility into IPISQLCustom. Demonstrate it working by rerunning the utility from the command prompt.
Have questions? Ask
When you are ready, compare your answers with the Solution: IPISQL for PI SQL Client (JDBC)