I have a .net application which is using OLEDB Enterprise 2017 R2 to connect to a PI AF Server to retrieve Event Frames. The application was working on this machine but recently it has stopped being able to connect to the PI AF server (error message below).
- The defined timeout (5 minutes) is much greater than is necessary so it's not that the query is too large
- The software works (with the same configuration) on other servers
- PI System Explorer works perfectly on the affected machine (connecting to the same remote AF server and db)
- I've tried:
- Re-installing PI OLEDB Enterprise and all it's dependancies
- Rebooting the server
- Repair installation of .net 4.7.1
Any pointers would be great.
2019-01-07 11:38:43,777 [ 21] ERROR PIOLEDBENT - [mscorlib] The request channel timed out while waiting for a reply after 00:04:59.9532024. Increase the timeout value passed to the call to Request or increase the SendTimeout value on the Binding. The time allotted to this operation may have been a portion of a longer timeout.
2019-01-07 11:38:43,777 [ 21] DEBUG at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandTextErrorHandling(OleDbHResult hr)
at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandTextForSingleResult(tagDBPARAMS dbParams, Object& executeResult)
at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandText(Object& executeResult)
at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommand(CommandBehavior behavior, Object& executeResult)
at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteReaderInternal(CommandBehavior behavior, String method)
at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.ExecuteDbDataReaderAsync(CommandBehavior behavior, CancellationToken cancellationToken)