I need to automatically backfill analyses for specific date/time ranges.
I found this discussion that indicates this was not possible (at the time of the discussion): Re: AF Abacus and Automatic Recalculations . Was something implemented since then?
I tried implementing something starting from sample code in this discussion (ProgrammaticAnalysisRecalculation from pthivierge), but found I would have too many cases to implement to really use this, for example:
* Support different types of analyses (Expression, Rollup, Event Frame Generation)
* Support different types of schedules (Event-Triggered, Periodic)
* For event-triggered analyses, lookup data for the source attributes to identify at which times the analyses should be calculated.
* Exclude analyses that are not enabled
It seems that I would be re-implementing a major part of AF Analyses (I would only be reusing expression evaluation, and reimplementing everything else). I would need some way to automate what can be done manually in the "Analyses" tab of PI System Explorer (select 1 or more analysis, click "Backfill checked analyses" enter a date range and click "Queue"). I can live with restrictions when there are old results (for example, I could use the AFSDK to delete old results before requesting a backfill)
I need automated backfilling for the following scenario:
* Delete PI data for a date range
* Reimport data to PI for that date range from the source systems
* Automatically re-evaluate any Analyses for that date range, based on the schedule configured for each analysis
I need this scenario for the following cases:
* Unit and integration testing, including automated tests
* Handle corrections in a source system (re-import data once it has been fixed)