Why to use it?
Process equipment is a subject to complex constraints, which are often simplified as bounds on a single signal (typical H, HH, L, LL bounds). While this is sufficient for ensuring safe operations, optimal operations require multi-variable monitoring.
The IPCOS’ component allows displaying limit sets over 2 dimensions and color the resulting areas, providing an operation map. The operating points are displayed with a color depending on their timestamp, showing the evolution of the performance of the equipment.
The operation of the equipment can be optimized more accurately, systematically and continuously.
- The component is accessible as any other native PI Vision component
- The limit sets are directly imported from PI/AF, where they are stored as attributes of the equipment element
Demo and usage guide:
OSIsoft Visualization Hackathon 2018: IPCOS' Operating Envelope - YouTube (Best viewed with HD quality)
- 00:08 Demo
- 01:20 Step by Step component usage guide
- 01:50 Adding asset data
- 02:20 Changing time range
- 03:03 Changing bounds of the chart
- 03:26 Adding limits
- 04:54 Using components for similar assets
Add envelope curves