Event table can be used to show all event frames in one table, and also acknowledge the same from it.
PI Vision 2017 has two CTP features :
- Event Table and
- X-Y Plot
These features are disabled by default.
To enable and use them the solution is divided into following steps:
- Allow users to acknowledge and annotate events
- Use event-frame templates created in the previous step, i.e. step-1
- Enable CTP feature - Event Table
1. Allow users to acknowledge and annotate events:
OSIsoft Live Library topic named Set permissions to allow users to acknowledge and annotate events contains all necessary steps to create event frames that can be
- acknowledged and
2. Use event-frame templates:
- Create an event-frame analysis in element template
- Choose event-frame template as the one created in the previous step
- Create element from this element template
3. Enable CTP feature - Event Table:
If you have upgraded CoreSight 2016 R2 or lower version to Vision 2017, then first check the note section available at the end of post.
OSIsoft Live Library topic named Enable Community Technical Preview (CTP) features contains the procedure to enable this feature. Read carefully Before you start topic.After performing all above 3 steps goto your PI Vision URL in the browser, and open Events tab. You should be able to see Create Events Table button as seen in following image:
To get all event frames, click on Edit Search Criteria button, which gives pop-up like below. Select options from it :
After clicking on Apply, click on Create Events Table button and see the table populated in the display.
Note: If you are unable to see any data in the events table, then follow steps as mentioned below:
A. Check that you can access the PI tag and AF attribute with its current value.
- If you can see live values of both AF Attribute and PI tag then go to step B
- If you can see live values of PI tag but not AF attribute, then there is problem with your connection of AF Server and Vision / WebAPI
- If you can see live value of AF Attribute but not PI tag, then there is problem with your connection of PI Data Archive and Vision / WebAPI.
B. Check if you have enabled and started Configure Claims to Windows Token Service service as mentioned in this article. This pre-requisite generally skipped while upgrading from coresight 2016 R2 to Vision 2017 which inturn upgrades WebAPI 2016 R2 to WebAPI 2017.
Happy Tuesday !!!