Hi PI Vision geeks,
If you are just getting started creating custom symbols in PI Vision, please check out the attached presentation I put together for an three-day internal workshop.
- How the PI Vision Extensibility model works
- Basics of AngularJS
- Creating basic custom symbols
- Working with 3rd party libraries
- Handling configuration of symbols
- Troubleshooting and deployment
We'd love to hear your thoughts and feedback.
Edit: Adding a link to the solution files, GitHub - AnnaPerry/PI-Vision-Workshop-Solution-Files
P.S. It was an absolute blast teaching the first session of the workshop. Here are some of the students' hacking projects:
- Event Frame creation symbol
Creates Event Frames through PI Web API with input name, start and end time. Useful for annotating time ranges.
- Map Chart
Shows attributes' current value on mouse hover.
- Audible alert symbol
Changes color and plays audio alert if the current value is outside the limit.
- Display Chooser Tool Pane
Lists a gallery of displays and allows the user to switch among them.