I had a pleasure teaching the "Building a Manual Data Entry Symbol In PI Vision" lab at PI World this year! Now I have the slide deck on my hands that I'd like to share with PI Square folks :-)
There are a lot of resources and throubleshooting guides that can be useful if you step into the adventure of building a manual entry custom symbol.
Here is a brief overview:
- PI Vision Extensibility Framework overview
- Security warning (safety first!)
- PI Web API and how to communicate with it from custom symbols
- Making a basic HTTP request
- Making a request to send value
- Adding user interaction logic
- Troubleshooting or "what can go wrong"
Lab workbook with solutions and virtual environment should be available at Home Page - OSIsoft Learning sometime soon!