AnsweredAssumed Answered

Calculate how long a tag value is within a certain range, but only after it has been in that range for more than a certain amount of time

Question asked by dcunningham on Jul 13, 2015
Latest reply on Jul 14, 2015 by dcunningham

Hi Everyone,

I am new to PI and it seems that I am out of my depth. I'm using Excel 2010 with the PI DataLink extension. What I am trying to do is find out for how long a vehicle was in idle, in hours, using a tag that we have set up that gives me engine RPM. In this case, any value less than or equal to 750 RPM but greater than 0 RPM is considered idle. In addition to this RPM range, five minutes needs to elapse before the event is considered to be an accumulation of idle time. This second part is what has me stumped, and nothing that I've found so far seems to do what I need it to.

So, to be clear, the idle time parameters are:

• engine RPM > 0 but <= 750 RPM
  • above state needs to last more than (or equal to) five minutes to count as idle time
  • I need to find the total amount of time where the above two statements are true in hours. (So idle time would be the five minutes it takes to qualify as an idle time event plus however long it went on for afterward).  

I only have access to the DataLink side of things, so my hope is that there's a way to do this using the functionality offered by this tool. I apologize in advance for any misuses of terminology I may have used. 

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Dan 

Outcomes