7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2015 5:02 PM by Pratik

Accessing AFElement directly with its Path

Pratik

Is there a way to access a particular AFElement in the hierarchy, if we know its location path? like if I know the whole path in the hierarchy starting from the root, the how can I access that AFElement? Basically I don't want to loop through the hierarchy to obtain AFElement Object, Because I have its location path/detail.

• Re: Accessing AFElement directly with its Path
          Pratik

If possible then Anyone can help me how can I use findElementsByPath() ?

I tried with FindElement() but it doesn't search if I use whole Path in search criteria.

bshang

Here is a simple example:

AFKeyedResults<string, AFElement> results = AFElement.FindElementsByPath(new string[] { @"\\YourAFServer\Path\To\Element" }, null);

foreach (AFElement result in results)
                          {
                              Console.WriteLine("Element name: {0}", result.Name);
                              Console.ReadKey();
                          }

Is there an error you are running into?

Pratik

Hi Barry,

I tried with the solution that you gave, But its not working. I have below hierarchy. and wanted to access LR 29609

I used below;

AFKeyedResults<string, AFElement> results = AFElement.FindElementsByPath(new string[] { @"\\PIUDNAFDEV01\EDPI_DEV\AOR8\FRESNO\AIRWAYS\Bank 1\CB 1101\LR 29609" }, null);

foreach (AFElement result in results)

{

Console.WriteLine("Element name: {0}", result.Name);

Console.ReadKey();

}

What could be the issue? Results is null.