1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 31, 2015 8:54 PM by dng

Datalink 2015 - Bulk Calls

henderson

Hello!

I've been waiting a while for this update to use bulk calls in datalink, since we have a lot of users who uses everyday a sheet with hundreds of PI TAGs in a very, very slow internet connection due to high latency.

In this cenary, how can I make the best use of this feature?

Do I need to have all TAGs in a unique array formula (like, using the side panel, select all TAGs and timestamps, apply it and only this group will be in a single bulk call)? Or if I have PI TAGs all around my sheet, Datalink will still make a single call for all TAGs?

• Re: Datalink 2015 - Bulk Calls
          dng

Hi Henderson,

Yes, you will need to have the tags in the same array formula (your first suggestion).

For more information about bulk calls (from Data Link 2015 user guide):

The following conditions must be satisfied to make a bulk call:

• Function inputs specify data items, and not expressions or filter expressions
          • Function input specifies data items with a reference to a cell range
          • PI DataLink settings specify time stamps in client time zone

With the above conditions satisfied, the following functions make bulk calls:

• Current Value
          • Archive Value
          • Calculated Data (without time interval specified)

PI DataLink returns values from a bulk call in a single function array.

1 of 1 people found this helpful