0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 9, 2015 8:49 AM by jyi

Drag and Drop Addin for Processbook

jyi

Hi All,

I have been trying to create a add-in for PI Processbook that can drag and drop objects from my dockable addin window.

For the most part, I'm following this old .NET add-in to introduce Docking Windows whitepaper/training material. However I can create a window and put stuff in it however I am getting weird results with drag and drop. So far only the label "cdt158" is working....

It seems to mimic what Data Favorite addin that is already implemented but somehow i don't usually fire events from my own addin but from Data Favorites event handler.

If I disable data favorite addin, then I get nothing....

If I want to drop just a symbol("A picture"), then do i need to use some other method than described in Display_OnOleDrop?

Any help on the code would be appreciated.

So 3 issues:

1. My event handler don't fire sometimes. Got it to fire by binding control better

2. Text works with normal data favorites addin Oledrop but how do I drop symbols or like .NET Powerpacks? Is it even possible?

3. Drag and Drop thing.....I don't quite understand how it's done.

I got some helps from here:

Building a ProcessBook Docking Window with AF UI Controls

.NET add-in to introduce docking windows

https://techsupport.osisoft.com/Downloads/File/4c55bdfb-a34e-426b-a91d-19c0ea95133fd

Best,

Jin