AnsweredAssumed Answered

PI ACE

Question asked by MinaSalama on Oct 16, 2015
Latest reply on Oct 21, 2015 by Kenji Hashimoto

Hello All,

I am new to the PI ACE world and hoping to get further understanding of it...

I already have created a demo project in PI System explorer... I am not sure how to connected between AF structure and the ACE manager... From what I have read, it seems that there is not interaction between the AF structure  and PI ACE...All the documentation talks about the interaction between the  PI server's Module Database and PI ACE's Manager...

In one video posted on OSIsoft (Accessing PI AF Objects in PI ACE via PI MDB or PI AF SDK), it was shown that there is an Element in AF hierarchy right underneath Elements as shown in the attached screenshot... In my AF structure, I dont see any Element with such name. I am not sure if I need to install anything software or certain configuration needs to be done...

One thing I noticed is that al the documenattion and videos I have gone through seem a bit old (around 2011). I am wondering if PI ACE is still used with migration to AF world...

My last question is the interface between PI ACE and excel...Is that possible to configure orI have to have visual studio 2010

...Any guidance or advice is appreciated

Outcomes