6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 26, 2015 1:35 PM by RickSmithJr

how can I configure or build SOE ( sequence of event ) in PB

Rana

how can I configure or build SOE ( sequence of event ) in PB

• Re: how can I configure or build SOE ( sequence of event ) in PB
          gregor

Hello Rana,

Please accept our apologies for reacting to your question so late.

I've done some research, have a rough idea of what you are looking for and wouldn't know there's built in functionality with PI ProcessBook explicit for this use case. It's however possible to visualize different data streams e.g. in a Trend to get an idea about what might have cause a specific 'unexpected behavior'. It's also possible to display the data for the data streams showing in the trend. In addition you can use VBA to enhance PI ProcessBook functionality.

Can you possibly elaborate a bit more on what you have in mind?

Rana

Hi,

My email address has changed.Please update your records. Thanks.

New email id is:

rana.javed@hubpower.com

Rana

Hi Gregor

Thanks for the reply,

Actually we are using sequence of event log in our dcs, which consist on around 30 digital signals ( Yes/NO ) and it initiate or make a log whenever any of these input change its states ( From yes to no, or no to yes ) it record all 30 input status with time stamping. This log is helpful to identify the cause of event ( like plant trip ).

gregor

Hello Rana,

I could imagine that PI Event Frames could be an option for you. Please also refer this video at OSIsoft's youtube learning channel.

PI DataLink can be used to explore events. Please refer PI DataLink 2015 User Guide (Explore Events function).

Because SOE analysis appears to be more table oriented, I can imagine creating a PI DataLink report without using Event Frames could also work for you.

RickSmithJr

I have an AF model using many digital points... I followed the process expert when configuring the various state changed guidance when I first configured the various analyses, but this became difficult to troubleshoot and maintain. I needed to see the state changes in order so I could properly configure the AF analysis...

My first step was to use PI OLEDB to query all the digital state PI tags ordered in ascending time order... I then stepped through the results to look for the transitions I was interested in to make sure my logic handled all the cases. Realizing this would be difficult for others to troubleshoot, I realized I could write AF analysis to convert various combinations of state changes to text strings or digital state strings. I have essentially turned the digital state indicators into a phase code/description. I output the resulting string back to PI so others can use the phase code in their logic... Adding an output tag and running the calculation into the past allowed me to verify the results against many operating scenarios...

SELECT tag, time, value, status FROM piarchive..picomp2

WHERE

tag IN ('404_RIDER_ROLL_RAISED', '404_RIDER_ROLL_RAISED','404_START_COMMAND','404_UNWIND_COUPLING_CLOSED')

and time > 't'

ORDER BY time ASC

SELECT tag, time, value, status FROM piarchive..picomp2
                      WHERE
                      tag IN ('404_RIDER_ROLL_RAISED', '404_RIDER_ROLL_RAISED','404_START_COMMAND','404_UNWIND_COUPLING_CLOSED')
                      and time > 't'
                      ORDER BY time ASC

Capture.JPG

The example above may help... Alternately, you could get all the time stamps for the digital state changes and then make a sampled call using the time stamps to get all tags in a separate column in Excel... Or you could write the state descriptions back to PI and trend those values in ProcessBook.

I hope this helps.