2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2015 10:05 PM by Mandeep

Can I connect to PI Server using PI OLEDB ENT 2012 without using Integrated Security=SSPI;

Mandeep

Hello,

I am trying to connect with a PI AF Server using the following connection string (without Integrated Security=SSPI;) from a Microsoft .Net application. But I can't connect and get the below mentioned error.

Provider=PIOLEDBENT; Data Source=PIServerName; UserId=domainname\myusername; Password=mypassword;

System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Invalid credentials.User name must be non-empty.

This is a domain account and the credentials are correct because I am able to connect if I use connection string Provider=PIOLEDBENT; Data Source=PIServerName; Integrated Security=SSPI; and run the .Net application under domainname\myusername account that has access to PI Server.

I don't want to run the application under the domain account and want to pass the credentials from the .net application. So please let me know how I can connect to PI AF Server by using Username and password in the connection string?