1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 9, 2015 12:29 AM by James Devine

Delay In Having "SummaryData" Visible In PI Web API

James Devine

Hello!

I am encountering an issue with the "SummaryData" for a variety of attributes in PI Web API. I created some sample data tags (point source 'R') today and then created AF Elements / Attributes using these tags as the source data. When viewing the other options such as "PlotData", "RecordedData", "Value", etc. I get values as expected, but when I click on "SampleData" I get a reading like this "Value": "[-12002] Code Not Found in PInt". I have other sample tags (point source 'R') as the source tag to other Elements / Attributes that are older and these display summary data values as expected. Also, a rare minority of today's newly created Elements / Attributes do show values in the summary data page as expected, which leaves me scratching my head.

Is this delay in having "SummaryData" visible a normal condition for new Elements/Attributes, or is there something more to the error code I need to address? A search of that text string yielded next to nothing.

• Re: Delay In Having "SummaryData" Visible In PI Web API
          James Devine

To my friends using PI Square. I believe I answered my own question. For the benefit of those who encounter this thread here is how I resolved it.
          In PI System Explorer I changed the source tags to a different PI Server thinking perhaps the problem I was encountering centered on the PI Data Archive (a.k.a. PI Server) I was using. It turns out I was right. I created duplicate tags on an alternate PI Server in the same domain and then referenced the new tags in the Elements / Attributes and voilà it worked.