14 Replies Latest reply on Feb 1, 2016 9:00 AM by Paurav Joshi

search displays in coresight from same imported folder only

Paurav Joshi

Hi,

Currently we can search all the displays in coresight from url : http://<coresight_machine_name_and_port_#>/Coresight/services/search?query=*&includePI=No&includeMetadata=No&includeDisplays=Yes&includeAF=No .

We can distinguish processbook displays via StorageType attribute of output response, but if I want to segregate the displays on the basis of import folder then how can we do that?

Thanks,

Paurav Joshi

Just to clarify the question futher :

After browse the above url, we get output like as follows:

temp.jpg

Here, if StorageType is 1 then we can say it is processbook display.

After searching in coresight database, I found there is ImportFolderID as parentID in BrowseElements table.

In which url we can find that ID, like StorageType here, so that we can segregate the displays based on this Id?  Eager to listen to other alternatives also.

Thanks,

Paurav Joshi

Message was edited by: Paurav Joshi

• Re: search displays in coresight from same imported folder only
          Paurav Joshi

Do anybody have any comment on this? Any?

Thanks,

Paurav Joshi

aksnk89

HI paurav,

When you say you want to segregate the process displays based on the imported folder .

Can you tell the purpose for this ? Because when we open an import Process display in coresight this StorageTypeID is nowhere presented in the URL.

Thanks & Regards,

Akash Naik

Paurav Joshi

Hi Aakash,

When you say you want to segregate the process displays based on the imported folder .

Can you tell the purpose for this ?

I am developing custom application using coresight.

Because when we open an import Process display in coresight this StorageTypeID is nowhere presented in the URL.

As I have already mentioned in this post, it is not homepage you are clicking but using combination of PI WebAPI+PI CoreSight you can go to the link as mentioned in 1st line of post and there you can find StorageTypeID .

Thanks,

Paurav Joshi

pthivierge

Hello Paurav,

I have asked our Coresight support team for advises on this, I am not sure what you are trying to achieve is possible, but let see what reply we get!

I'll reply on this post when I get the answer.

Paurav Joshi

Thanks Patrice for your updates.

Eagerly awaiting for your positive reply .

pthivierge

Hello Paurav,

I hope you are doing well today!

The short answer to this is there is no way to do this right now.

Also, this web service is undocumented because it is for the internal functioning of PI Coresight and not considered public.

If you can tell us more about your use case, what you are trying to accomplish, that may help us provide better functionalities for the future.  So please feel free to explain what you need.

I'll make sure our product team get this information.

--

Technically speaking, you could probably have a task or service that could maintain this information for you, quiclkly I could think of:

• From the list of coresight directory that you have in the script or app parameters
                        • you parse the directories and you collect all .pdi files names, and their location
                        • you save that somewhere, where your application can make use of it.

We can discuss this further if you want when I have more details of your application's requirements and functioning.

Have a good day,

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                          Paurav Joshi

Thanks Patrice for your response.

If you can tell us more about your use case, what you are trying to accomplish, that may help us provide better functionalities for the future.  So please feel free to explain what you need.

I'll make sure our product team get this information.

My use case is that I have developed simple custom application for element relative display using coresight, which looks like as below :

temp_1.jpg

Here at top left, you can see the search for display bar is shown. Currently, as I laid out previously, I can browse through all .pdi displays in coresight. My concern is that I want to browse through only screens of specific to project only not all and how to achieve that.

Technically speaking, you could probably have a task or service that could maintain this information for you, quickly I could think of:

• From the list of coresight directory that you have in the script or app parameters
                            • you parse the directories and you collect all .pdi files names, and their location
                            • you save that somewhere, where your application can make use of it.

Can you please speak technically more . I would like to explore this option after understanding it thoroughly.

Have a good day.