AnsweredAssumed Answered

I can not retrieve data from Data Tables using PI OLEDB Enterprise from different domain

Question asked by ssancov on Jan 25, 2016
Latest reply on Jan 25, 2016 by ssancov

I can connect to PI OLEDB Enterprise from a client machine in a different domain using PI SQL Commander, writing the credencials domain\user (User ID, unchecking the Win NT Integrated Security) and the domain user's password, as it is configured in the PI Server / AF Server machine's domain.

I can query Asset tables, but when try to join with Data tables, the following error occurs:

"Cannot connect to the PI Data Archive. Windows authentication trial failed because the authentication method was not tried. Trust authentication trial failed because insufficient privilege to access the PI Data Archive."

It seems that the User ID specified just was applied to the Asset tables, but not to access the PI Data Archive. I can access both assets and data values using PI System Explorer from this machine, but it required my domain authentication twice (one for retrieve elements, and other for retrieve tag related attributes values)

I don't have trust between the domains. What can I do in order to allow PI Data Archive Access from PI SQL Commander from a client machine in a different domain?

Thanks!

Cannot connect to the PI Data Archive. Windows authentication trial failed because the authentication method was not tried. Trust authentication trial failed because insufficient privilege to access the PI Data Archive.

Outcomes