AnsweredAssumed Answered

Monitor 7 tags on 23 Historians

Question asked by JGamboe on Jan 27, 2016
Latest reply on Jan 28, 2016 by bala

Good morning,

I'm a systems admin with a decent entry level grasp of PI.  I monitor 23 historians and 49 interfaces.  Recently I've been tasked with coming up with a way to monitor 7 tags across 23 historians in real time.  Each historian is at a different plant scattered around the States.  Network connectivity is decent most of the time.

I can build something in datalink easy enough for 1 point and give them their data.  I have a server uptime spreadsheet for the 23 servers.  I don't use it often, only when I'm asked for an  uptime report or if a server issue arises.  That spreadsheet in Excel takes around 3 minutes to load.  We can't use WMI for security reasons.

I am being asked to create something though that shows a red, yellow, green status for tags.

I can build everything they want in datalink, the problem is that it would probably take a half an hour or longer to open if it opened at all

Any ideas?

The tags for the most part are performance monitor tags (processor usage, memory usage, drive space) and interface heartbeats. 

Thank you for your time.

Outcomes