4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 8, 2016 9:08 AM by Jzafra

Configuring a Simple PI System - February 2016 Run - Introduce Yourself!

tmcquiston

Hello, everybody!

I am Todd McQuiston, and I will be facilitating this online course for the next three weeks.  I would you like to use this thread to introduce yourselves and tell me about your general PI knowledge and what you hope to get out of this course.

In addition, there is also an exercise and project discussion thread, where you can post any questions, issues, etc. with the course.  I will be monitoring this thread, and all of you are of course encouraged to chime in with answers or thoughts!

So, about me.  I am a Senior Field Service Engineer for OSIsoft and have been with the company for three years.  Before that, I spent seventeen years in the specialty chemicals industry, and was a global PI admin for ten of those years.  I have been working with the PI system in some form since about 1994.

I hope to hear from you all.

Todd M. McQuiston

• Re: Configuring a Simple PI System - February 2016 Run - Introduce Yourself!
          s.saini

Hi Todd/Everybody,

Hope all are doing great!

I am Sahil, working as Senior Software Engineer in Accenture, India, and working in Accenture since 2 years. Before that I worked for Infosys and BCT based in India

I have total 5.2yrs of experience and out of which total IT Experience.

Sahil

PFC5478

Hi All,

Nice to meet Todd and all of you in this course. My name is Paul and I am working in an utility company in Hong Kong since 3 years ago. My main job duties in the past

was mainly application development with Visual Studio C#, PI SDK, PI AF SDK etc. Starting from last year, I am also responsible for PI systems administration and

performance tuning and explore new technologies available such as PI Web API. I believe the material in this course can help me to tackle the issues and better user support.

By this opportunity, I would also like to say thank you for all of Osisoft support engineers who have helped us to solve the problems that we have raised for help.

Thanks and Regards,

Paul Fung

Tbthomps

Hi Everybody

My name is Trent, I'm an Electrical Engineer working for Georgia Pacific with consumer products. I was hired 6 months ago right out of school for this company. This past month I gained ownership of the PI Server and part of my job duties is improving the reliability of our PI system which is what I hope to get out of this course. I plan on taking more classes to gain more skills with the PI system as we only utilize about 25% of pi's features and depend heavily on contractors to setup certain features for us. I believe this class will help me gain more knowledge about PI and help improve my troubleshooting skills in it.

Respectfully,
              Trenton Thompson

Jzafra

Hi,

My name's Jesús, I'm from Spain, I Work as Senior Support technician, I've been working in IT for more tan ten year in different áreas, programing , management,etc..

Kind regards