4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2016 3:43 PM by pthivierge

How to make a template for different symbols which are used many times in PI processbook displays

Hemant_Panchal

Hi,

we have some 1000 of processbook displays, and there are different digital states created for different symbols.

For Eg:

switch indicator 1 with digital state"0-OFF, 1-ON" is used to change colour of indicator in display "0-RED, 1-GREEN".

There is another

switch indicator 2

with digital state"0-NORMAL, 1-ALARM" is used to change colour of indicator in display "0-GREEN, 1-RED".

Later on in control system some of the switch indicator 1 are replaced with switch indicator2.

so the same when i do in PI system by changing digital state of switch indicator 1 from "0-OFF 1-ON" to "0-NORMAL 1-ALARM".

The colour assigned does not change automatically for particular symbol, i have to do it manually everytime.

Please suggest if there is any method by which i can change colour of symbols in bulk after changing their digital states.

Or if there is any method to assign colour in digital state itself, so that whenever i use that digital state in my display it automatically picks up the preassigned colour configuration.