3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2016 4:59 PM by kduffy

PI System Explorer - IN/LIKE Clause

MassimoSporchia

Hello,

I'm using PI System Explorer (2.6.2.6558) and I'm having trouble trying to get a data lookup aggregate based on a list of components.

What I'm trying to achieve is something as simple as an attrbute defined as a table lookup:

select 'pippo' from dual

union all select 'pluto' from dual

union all select 'caio' from dual

and an attribute (@Attribute1) of type String that I'd like to store 2 values: pippo and pluto

The table lookup would then have a where clause on the first column value that has to be IN the list defined in @Attribute1.

I've tried to define @Attribute1 in numerous ways but the only time it works is when it's of type String and has only a single value from the table lookup (so, either pippo, pluto or caio).

Is there a way to achieve what I'm trying to achieve with PI System Explorer?

Thanks in advance.

• Re: PI System Explorer - IN/LIKE Clause
          kduffy

Hi Massimo,

If I understand you correctly, you're trying to get multiple strings returned from the table? If that's the case, you can use the String Array data type.

In PI System Explorer, create your table. Here's an example table I'll use for right now:

table.png

Then, go to the attribute you're trying to configure, and select Value Type > Array Types > String.

string value type.png

Then on the Data Reference > Table Lookup. Click Settings to build your query. Make sure to select the "select array of value matching criteria" option for "rule".

configure table lookup query.png

Then you should have as many strings as the query returns held in the form of a string array.

shows string values.png

If this isn't what you're looking for or can't get it to work, I'd be happy to help on a remote session with you.

Kelsey

4 of 4 people found this helpful