3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 28, 2016 3:45 AM by manish_singh06

How to create a link on any object in ProcessBook?

manish_singh06

HI All,

I need to create a link on an a symbol / Image that I have placed on the Processbook screen. When I click on this Image it should take me to the screen that I have linked on it. Is there any way to do this in ProcessBook?

Regards,

Manish

• Re: How to create a link on any object in ProcessBook?
          Kenji Hashimoto

In the build mode, you can right click the symbols/Images and click "Enable Scripting".

After that, at first check the object name by right click the object > Properties.

Name column shows like "T3Dredbuttonotpressed_1" or "Graphic1" etc....

These are the object's name.

Click the visual basic editor button and double click the ThisDisplay.

In the (General) pull down, you can select the object name. (Graphic1 etc..)

If right part of pull down is "click", it creates following code.

Private Sub Graphic1_Click(ByVal IvarX As Long, ByValIvarY As Long)

End Sub

You can put following syntax for opening the other display.

Private Sub Graphic1_Click(ByVal IvarX As Long, ByValIvarY As Long)
          Dim myDisplay As Display
          Set myDisplay = Application.Displays.Open("Filepathandname",True)
          End Sub

• Re: How to create a link on any object in ProcessBook?
            knightk

Create a normal button and set the link, then right click the button, select Enable Scripting, right click the button again and select properties. Now set "Visible" to false. Now you can place that button over the picture you wish to create the link on. The benefit of this is that it's easy, it will work in Coresight/Web Parts etc. and (more importantly) it will change the cursor to a familiar finger point indicating that the user is hovering over a link. You can use VBA to add further enhancements to this when using a picture as a link (ie. changing background colour of a symbol etc. using mouseover/mouseout events, like you would see on a web site).