4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2016 7:16 PM by jstarnes

Renaming of element results in faulty asset element Hierarchy

Ann.Sniekers

My current PI-AF hierachy is as follows:

• FieldName
        • Wells
          • Well name (which was originally identical to FieldName)

When renaming the well (which had the same name as the FieldName - however no coupling beyond the name) to Well01 - I started to get issues when executing the query to obtain values of the attributes of the Well.

I would expect to query these attributes by using the path: FieldName\Wells\Well01\attribute (which is also the path you get by right clicking on the attribute and press "copy path").

However not sure why but PI-AF indicates that the correct query should be Well01\Wells\Attribute.

Bottom line - PI-AF thinks the FieldName has changed instead of the well Name.

I restarted all services which did NOT solve the issue.

Any ideas? Is this a known bug?

Thanks in advance

Ann

• Re: Renaming of element results in faulty asset element Hierarchy
          gregor

Hello Ann,

The behavior you describe indeed sounds unusual. I assume there are some relationships or object inheritance that may not be obvious immediately.

Can you describe step-by-step how this issue can be reproduced?

If you get the correct path to Attributes via "copy path", where do you see the unexpected picture? 

• Re: Renaming of element results in faulty asset element Hierarchy
              Ann.Sniekers

Dear Gregor,

Reproduction:

Step 1: have a structure setup as Name\Wells\Name. Put some attributes in the lowest element

Step 2: rename the lowest level to Name1. (by copying the path we get: Name\Wells\Name1.)

However by trying (via PI SQL commander) to query an attribute within Name1 (see below) I got no value back (knowing there is a value available).

SELECT eh.Name as elementName, ea.Name as attributeName, da.Time as Time, da.Value as Value

FROM PROD.Asset.ElementHierarchy eh

INNER JOIN PROD.Asset.ElementAttribute ea ON (ea.ElementID = eh.ElementID)

INNER JOIN PROD.Data.ft_InterpolateDiscrete da ON (da.ElementAttributeID = ea.ID)

WHERE eh.Path = '\Name\Wells\' AND

eh.Name = 'Name1' AND

ea.Name = 'AttributeName1' AND

da.Time = '2016/03/26 06:00:00'

OPTION (FORCE ORDER, EMBED ERRORS)

When executing the query below I learned that PI-AF expects the query above with "\Name1\Wells\" as path.

SELECT eh.*

FROM PROD.Asset.ElementHierarchy eh

order by Path, Name

OPTION (FORCE ORDER, EMBED ERRORS)

Kind regards

Ann

1 of 1 people found this helpful