3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2016 9:40 PM by vkaufmann

What is point-level debugging?

Paurav Joshi

Hello Folks,

I am checking user guide of PI-to-PI interface and in location 3 matrix of it, I came across point-level debugging. I wonder what this is about and found out in other interfaces also it is there.

I am eager to know what is significance of this point-level debugging and how it impacts the different interfaces in different way.

Thanks,

Paurav Joshi

• Re: What is point-level debugging?
          gregor

Hello Paurav,

Point Level Debugging means that values, status and timestamp for the particular point becomes printed to the log. This can be very useful when troubleshooting differences between source and destination.

3 of 3 people found this helpful
              Paurav Joshi

Thanks Gregor.

Can you explain the words "differences between source and destination" in bit more details.

vkaufmann

Hi Paurav,

What Gregor means is that Point Level Debugging (PLD) is useful to track data sent from data source, in the case of the PI to PI interface this would be the PI server data is being sent from--otherwise known as the source PI server. PLD could be used to investigate any discrepancies in data from what exists in the source PI server to what has actually been stored and recorded in the destination PI server. In general, PLD is a handy way to investigate data flow from data source to data destination by tracking a single tags behavior as it moves through an interface.

3 of 3 people found this helpful