1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 7, 2016 1:34 PM by lorjales

How to change the PI AF Attribute description?

dadijke

Hi,

Is there a way to change the description of an template based Attribute?

Ofcourse you can change the description in the template itself, but then each attribute will have the same description which is not very usefull when adding multiple of those template based attributes in a PIProcessbook trend.

A working solution could be to change the attribute used as descriptor in a PI Trend, but don't think that is possible.

Hope I expressed myself clear, if not let me know.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

• Re: How to change the PI AF Attribute description?
          lorjales

Hi Danny,

Regarding to your question about changing the attribute description from a template: According to the template structure, the description could not be edited from the created elements that is based on that template, but you can create a derived template for each element that you need to have different description:

1- You need first to go to the original template and copy the attribute that you need to have different description.

2- Right click the template and select New>New Derived Template.

3- Under the attribute templates tab of the derived template , paste the attribute.

4- Remove the attribute that you have copied from the original template.

5- Add the description that you need to the attribute for a specific element .

6- Repeat Steps 3-4 for each Element that will need a different Attribute Description.

7- Check in the changes.

8- On the element that you need to change the description , right click then select Convert> Change Template and choose the new derived template created for this element.

9- Check in the changes.

Luis