3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 12, 2016 12:10 PM by gregor

PI Web API Service crashed

Paurav Joshi

Hello All,

Recently we got two incidents of crashing PI Web API Service. We managed to get log for second time. In eventviewer, we found error as follows:

Faulting application name: OSIsoft.REST.Host.exe, version: 1.6.0.316, time stamp: 0x5617d3bc

Faulting module name: RPCRT4.dll, version: 6.1.7601.19160, time stamp: 0x56bcd774

Exception code: 0xc00000fd

Fault offset: 0x0000000000045819

Faulting process id: 0x2834

Faulting application start time: 0x01d193b6c5577870

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\PIPC\WebAPI\OSIsoft.REST.Host.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\RPCRT4.dll

Report Id: e2c48bc0-ffc5-11e5-8842-060eecabfcb3

Has anybody experienced this kind of error before? Why this crash happened and what can we do prevent it next time?

Regards,

Paurav Joshi

• Re: PI Web API Service crashed
          gregor

Hello Paurav,

There's no occurrence of this error in any of our databases before your post. Looks as if RPCRT4.dll is a library that provides RPC (Remote Procedure Call) support.

Is the crash reproducible e.g. can you provoke it by sending a certain query?

You do have PI Web API 2015 R3 installed, correct?

What operating system are you running?

Do you know if a crash dump was captured for the application failure?

• Re: PI Web API Service crashed
              Paurav Joshi

Hello Gregor,

There's no occurrence of this error in any of our databases before your post. Looks as if RPCRT4.dll is a library that provides RPC (Remote Procedure Call) support.

Is the crash reproducible e.g. can you provoke it by sending a certain query?

I also found same with RPCRT4.dll file. Unfortunately I am unable to reproduce the same environment.

You do have PI Web API 2015 R3 installed, correct?

What operating system are you running?

Correct, PI Web API version is 2015 R3 and operating system is Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1.

Do you know if a crash dump was captured for the application failure?

I don't know about this. Can you guide me how to capture crash dump for the application failure?

Thanks,

Paurav Joshi