AnsweredAssumed Answered

Circular references error PI Analysis

Question asked by ImagineDPTNE on Apr 12, 2016
Latest reply on Apr 12, 2016 by Mike Zboray

Hi,

I've been struggling with an error with PI Analysis with no solution.

I am monitoring over 350 network equipment with 1 template in AF.

One attribute of the template is the hour that the operator configured within the equipment. I want to check if the GST hour of that equipment is well configured considering daylight saving time.

I achieve this with PI Analysis.

Here is my calculation:

1. hourDiff =  Hour(*) - 'lastHour'

2. hourNow = Hour('*) --> (Mapped on attribute 'lastHour')

3. hourEquipment = if(TagBad('hourEquip') = False or IsSet('hourEquip',"q")) then 'hourEquip' else "N/A" ('hourEquip' is the hour configured within the equipment)

4. daylightST = if(hourDiff = 1) the NoOutput() else if (hourDiff = 0) then False else if (hourDiff = 2) then True --> (Mapped on attribute 'DST')

5. adjustedHour = if('DST' = True) then Hour('*') + 4 else Hour('*') + 5

6. adjustHour24 = if(adjustedHour > 23) then adjustedHour - 24 else adjustedHour --> (Mapped on attribute 'ADJHour')

7. EVAL = if(hourEquipment <> "N/A") then if(adjustedHour24 = hourEquipment) then "Ok" else "problem" else "N/A"

8. Output = if (EVAL = 'STATEHOUR') then NoOutput() else EVAL --> (Mapped on attribute 'STATEHOUR')

This calculation is periodic and made every hour.

My problem is that for some equipment it works A1, for some, PI Analysis gives me a circular reference error and refuse to evaluate.

I tried restarting PI Analysis Service on the server and that rules out the problem.. until it comes back.

Anyone have a clue on what is going on? Why is it working for some element and not for some others?

Thank you,

Outcomes