11 Replies Latest reply on May 6, 2016 9:10 AM by gregor

SET Not Found Error

QasimGulzar

I have register some new archives to my PI-Server and when i query against required timestamp it gives me SET not found Error

Error : [PI SDK] [Some Tag Name] Failed to retrieve events from server.  [-10701] SET Not Found

Query : SELECT tag,value,time from [piarchive].[picomp2] where time>='02/10/2016 04:10:35.000000' AND time<='02/10/2016 05:10:35.000000'

shot.jpg

• Re: SET Not Found Error
          gregor

Hello Qasim,

I believe the issue you experience is related to the question you raised yesterday.

Did you follow the procedure suggested by Patrice (2651OSI8 - How to restore a PI system or clone a PI system from backups created from pibackup.bat)?

The error you are getting refers to Digital State sets that are not defined within your PI Data Archive installation.

QasimGulzar

SELECT tag,value,time from [piarchive]..[picomp2] where time BETWEEN '02/10/2016 08:56:32.000000' AND '02/10/2016 10:56:32.000000'

when i try this query it works fine.

gregor

Hello Qasim,

This is because there's no event (Digital State value) within your query period that would require the Digital State set for translation. I am almost 100% certain that the PI Point that refers the missing Digital State set doesn't have an event within the query period. 

QasimGulzar

now please guide me how i can fix this issue, because i just have archive files with .dat extensions. i am not trying to restore whole pi-server.

I get data against this query it means i can read my new archives after registration. I don't have much knowledge about PI-Server so that's why i am little confuse. 

gregor

Hello Qasim,

With only the archive files registered your PI Data Archive operates an incomplete file base. There's some fault tolerance meaning that the PI Data Archive will attempt servicing your requests but I would consider this an unsupported scenario. You can avoid such a situation by following the suggested procedures. It's not possible to "clone" a PI Data Archive installation with just the archive files.

QasimGulzar

@Gregor Beck thank you for your response. I just want to ask one thing for my better understanding.

I just unregistered my archives and execute a delete Statement in PI SQL Commander and remove some of my tags. and after completion re-register my new archives and re-enter those tags to pipoint..classic

and executed

Query : SELECT tag,value,time from [piarchive].[picomp2] where time>='02/10/2016 04:10:35.000000' AND time<='02/10/2016 05:10:35.000000'

now i does not get a single record. would you please explain me what is this mean. and  how to overcome this issue.

gregor

Hello Qasim,

The name of a PI Point is not stored in archives. Instead the PointID is used to identify what a certain record is related to. The Point table has the information what Name belongs to what PointID. When you delete a PI Point the point doesn't really become deleted but a marker becomes set at the point table identifying the point as deleted. When you create a new point with the name of an old, previously deleted point, this new point will receive a new PointID. This means you have created a new point without any history. The relationship between the time series data in archives and the tag has become lost when you deleted the tag.

There's some good news as well with 2785OSI8 - How to recover deleted points, or how to restore deleted tags in PI Data Archive. Please note that you will only be able to restore a PI Point when the name is not blocked by a newly created PI Point.

I believe your recent experience confirms what I've said earlier. Just registering archives from another PI Data Archive installation is not sufficient. You need a consistent file base.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                                    pthivierge

Hello Quasim,

You should follow the procedure to restore your system, otherwise we may hardly help you because the scenario you are  experiencing is not something that we have tested.

I would recommend that you look at our documentation, especially the PI Server System Management.

That should give you a lot of information to understand what the PI Server is.