kholstein

Online Training: Configuring Analytics with PI AF Online Course (April --> May 2016) - Introduce yourself...

Discussion created by kholstein Employee on Apr 26, 2016
Latest reply on May 11, 2016 by kholstein

Welcome to the Configuring Calculations with PI AF online course!

My name is Kelsey and I'm an Instructional Designer here at OSIsoft. I'll be helping you alongside Martin Bryant as facilitators for this session of the Configuring Analytics with PI AF Online Course.

We have created this thread so registered users that signed up for this session can introduce themselves and interact with one another.  This is your space and I ENCOURAGE you to ask questions about PI AF and to share your thoughts and ideas in order to make this online classroom learning session a positive and fun experience for everyone.  It can be anything from how to get started, or to something advance within a roll up or event frame that you're working on.

A little about me:

Background is in Chemical Engineering until I started working for OSIsoft in 2013 as a Customer Support Engineer, splitting my time between Tech Support and Field Service. After I figured out how much I enjoy helping others learn, I transitioned to Field Service full time so I could spend the majority of my time teaching our public training courses. Finally in 2015 I transitioned to our Learning Team where I work on our Small Private Online Courses (SPOCs)! Outside of work I enjoy pub trivia, rock climbing, and am captain of a bowling team called Unbowlievable. I live in the San Francisco Bay area and have two cats, Lynx and Tiger Lily. I'm very excited that you're all here in this class; I hope you enjoy it!

And now for Martin:

I'm Martin Bryant - a Field Service Engineer based in Houston Texas.   I am a native Texan (primarily from central Texas) and I have a quarter century of working with the PI System.  My interesting work has taken me to many places all over the world.  Since 2008 - I've been working with helping customers with PI Asset Framework and related products including PI AF Analysis.   I am a very experienced classroom teacher - I've taught all of our public class offering and had a hand in designing most of those classes and I've taught most of our internal classes too.  However I don't know that much about teaching online classes (and I wanted to)- so I'm learning as you do about this format.  I went to music school for awhile and I"m always doing something with music as a hobby - I also play some computer games.  I have a grumpy cat named Portia.

Please introduce yourself in this thread so your fellow learners, Martin, and I can get to know you better.  This is a space where you can share your experience with the PI System, and specific goals you have for this course.  Additionally, please take advantage of this Community to share any thoughts or questions during the course.

We look forward to hearing from you and working with you throughout this course!

Thanks,

Kelsey and Martin

Outcomes