6 Replies Latest reply on May 30, 2016 6:17 PM by unagaswamy

VLE - Advanced PI Web API related question

unagaswamy

I am trying to learn the newly available batch and channel features via VLE. I was able to

1. successfully launch the Sessions
      2. started all three VM's
      3. logged into PICLIENT01 with provided credentials

But, when I tried to do Exercise 1 by launching the following on chrome and IE

https://pisrv01.pischool.int/piwebapi/help

I get an error that

This site can’t be reached.

pisrv01.pischool.int refused to connect.

Try:

Reloading the page

Checking the connection

Checking the proxy and the firewall

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

What am I missing?

• Re: VLE - Advanced PI Web API related question
          Jerome Lefebvre

Hello Uma,

To confirm, the VLE that you are using is the one for "TechCon 2016: Advanced PI Web API"? To see if I could generate the same error, I re-launched a session, but I did not have any problem with connecting to the PI Web API end point from the client machine. So, the issue may be when the machines were initialized. The machine will terminate after 12 hours, so the next time you go and try out those machines, they will need to be recreated. The issue has a chance to be resolved then.

If it doesn't, using the same URL do you face the same issue when connecting to PI Web API from the PI Server machine?

unagaswamy

Hi Jerome,

Confirming that I am using the VLE for "TechCon 2016: Advanced PI Web API"? First, I started all three VMs.

I then tried PICLIENT01, I was able to login fine on this VM, but I got the same error when I tried to visit https://pisrv01.pischool.int/piwebapi/help. Today, I could not even login to the PISRV01 rdp. Got a "could not login to error because of a ...."

I am in CST timezone.

Thanks,

- Uma

Jerome Lefebvre

Hello Uma,

As the VLE training typically does not last more than 3 hours, the machines are removed 12 hours after they have been created. If it has been more than 12 hours since you started the machines, you will need to re visit the learning site to get access to new virtual machines. Hopefully, theses will not be giving you the same error.

Cheers,

Jerome

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                      unagaswamy

Hi Jerome,

I tried it again today, I get the same error. Upon running diagnostics, I get this notification

The device or resource (pisrv01.pischool.int) is not set up to accept connections on port "https".

Contact your network administrator Completed

The computer or device you are trying to reach is available, but it doesn’t support what you’re trying to do. This might be a configuration issue or a limitation of the device.

Thanks,

- Uma

Jerome Lefebvre wrote:

Hello Uma,

As the VLE training typically does not last more than 3 hours, the machines are removed 12 hours after they have been created. If it has been more than 12 hours since you started the machines, you will need to re visit the learning site to get access to new virtual machines. Hopefully, theses will not be giving you the same error.

Cheers,

Jerome

unagaswamy

It works now, thanks.